Poppy Fold Card
Hello, Heidi here again to share another blog project with you. I have made my card using the glorious new October Monthly Special stamp set ‘Poppy Heads‘.
It is such a useful set, and I love how the flowers can be stamped, cut out and built up to look like the real thing.
I really love the background stamp and I have stamped the poppies onto vellum and have coloured the images in using ‘Wink of Stella’ pens.
Card Products :
Black and Red Bazzill Card
White stamping cardstock
Black Embossing Powder
Heat gun, sharp scissors and Cosmic Shimmer glue
Trimmer and Scoring board
Here is how I made my card :
(1) Stamp up two of each poppies onto vellum.
(2) Cover with embossing power and heat with a heat gun.
(3) When fully dry, colour in with Red ‘Wink of Stella’ glitter pens.
(4) Cut out poppies and put to one side.
(5) Cut an oblong of red card to measure : 14.5cms x 28.5cms, score in half
(6) Cut a piece of black card : 14cms x 28cms, again score in half and stick to red piece.
(7) Cut a piece of white card to measure : 27cms x 13cms.
(8) Stamp the ‘Poppy’ writing stamp all over the white card.
(9) On a trimmer, 2cms in from right side. Cut down starting at 3.5cms, stopping at 23.5cms.
(10) Turn around and do the same to other side.
(11) Using a score board, score at top first, 8.5cms, then centre at 13.5cms (all way down card). Then 18.5cms at top only again.
(12) Moving to the centre pieces, score at 3.5 (lining up top and bottom) and then again at 5.5cms.
(13) Turn card around and do the same to match the top of card on other side.
(14) Stick piece inside, one side at a time as shown carefully.
(15) Onto white stamping card, stamp up leaves, colour in with green ‘Wink’ and cut out.
(16) Cut two small red pieces to go inside onto folds.
(17) Stamp up a sentiment of choice, matt onto black card and stick down.
(18) Cut an oblong from black card and one from white. Stamp ‘Poppy’ writing over white pieces, stick together and onto front of card.
(19) Stamp up ‘To a Special Friend’, matt and stick to front.
(20) Stick flowers and leaves together and down onto front and inside of card.
I do hope you have enjoyed my project today, thank you for visiting the Hobby Art Blog.