Robins and Berries Mini-Star Book
Good morning, here is another blog project from me, Heidi. I have used the wonderful ‘Robin’s and Berries’ stamp set, recently launched.
I love to dabble in all things card and shaped cards and mini books are so my thing. I have been asked several times about how to make my little star-albums and as I do love to make them, here is a short tutorial for you to follow. They make great little gifts, if left blank partly inside, photos can be inserted and they can be made into small brag books.
Here are some of the inside pages, using other images from the set also a great sentiments set called ‘Winter Wishes’. I have used lots of brown ink inside and out, to age the album.
Products Used :
‘CS082D – Berries & Birds’ and ‘CS059D – Winter Wishes
Red, Kraft and white card
Versafine ‘Vintage Sepia’ Inkpad
Stickles ‘Red’ Glitter Glue
Red/White Baker’s Twine
Tools : Scissors, Double-sided tape, Sticky Pads, Trimmer and Scoreboard.
Another image and sentiment
Lastly, the album tied together to form the star
Mini-Star Album Instructions :
(1) Cut five oblongs of red card to measure 8cms x 16cm, score all in half.
(2) Cut five oblongs of kraft card to measure : 7cms x 14cms, score in half again.
(3) Cut five oblongs of white card to measure : 6cms x 12cms, score in half.
(4) From kraft card, cut another oblong to measure : 8cms x 18cms. This is the book cover.
(5) Score at 8cms and 9cms and then stamp small ‘holly’ image over one side.
(6) Using red and kraft card, stick edges together using double-sided tape, put aside.
(7) On white card oblongs, stamp up images and sentiments, colour in.
(8) Stamp up two of each robin images, colour in and cut out.
(9) Attach baker’s twine centrally to outside parts of mini-star album.
(10) Stick outside cover over twine, firmly.
(11) Attach robins inside and out.
(12) Add glitter glue to berries, leave to dry.
I do hope you have enjoyed my blog-project today, thanks for stopping by.