Hello, Heidi here to share a quick tutorial on my little ‘Summer Holiday/Shells’ Pop-Up Card.
I love these two new sets of stamps, I cannot stop playing with them! The little bunting stamp is such fun to decorate your card with. These lovely stamps make fun and colourful cards for summer time events and if you love to colour and cut out like I do, this card is just right for you!
My little card folds flat and only uses a small amount of white card and a sliver of acetate. The seagulls have been given the names of ‘Cliff’ and ‘Richard’, just right to go with the ‘Summer Holiday’ set lol.
(1) Firstly, using a scrap of white card, cut to measure : 15cms x 8cms.
(2) Score vertically at : 8.5cms – top to bottom.
(3) Score horizontally : 3.5cms, 7cms, 10.5cms and 14cms.
(4) Cut small oblong out and from top downwards, cut down score lines to middle of card.
(5) Stick card together with glue.
(6) Cut two small oblong pieces of card : 5.5cms x 2cms. Score at 1cms and 4.5cms, stick to inside edges of card. These pieces stick inside to hold your elements.
(7) Cut four pieces of white scrap card : 3cms x 5cms and four measuring : 3cms x 2cms.
(8) Using ‘wave’ stamp from ‘Shells’ set and with ‘Broken China’ ink pad, stamp all over all pieces, edge with ink pad.
(9) Stick these elements down onto front panels of card and smaller pieces to front flaps.
(10) Onto white card, stamp up your card elements. I stamped up : one beach hut, two flying seagulls, one standing seagull, one sandcastle, two starfish, two conche shells, one scallop shell and four bunting.
(11) Colour in with pens of choice and cut out.
(11) Attach a small oblong of acetate in between two flying seagulls, stick well inside back of card
(12) Place your remaining elements into card.
(13) Add pearls to starfish centres.
I do hope you have enjoyed my fun tutorial today, enjoy making your ‘Summer Holiday’ cards.