Just thought I’d share a recent make because a few people have asked how I have made it
So this was made using a Tando Creative Printer Tray 103mm x 103mm
I absolutely love these little greyboard gifts as they are so easy to decorate and I was so happy with the finished result. Ironically I made this about the same time I made my (first project) the Owl Heart and this was originally going to be for that.
Then Berries and Birds made a 2nd appearance on C&C so this got transformed using that set but the owl wooden tag is interchangeable.
So after doing my initial experiment with the trees(2nd Project) this is along the same lines using acrylic paint and an embossing folder.
* Now at this point I want to give you a warning before you put acrylic paint onto your embossing folders. Please have something ready to clean your embossing folder immediately like a wipe or go straight to a sink and rinse it.
Don’t even admire your work of art until after you’ve cleaned the embossing folder. Otherwise you may stain it. Granted it shouldn’t affect the use of the folder and acrylic paint does pick or peel off when dry. But if you are precious about clean craft stuff this technique may not be for you.
2. Ink up your embossing Folder with brown Acrylic Paint. Make sure you paint on the right side on the embossing folder. The raised part will be Frayed Burlap colour.
3. Place your painted Kraft card onto the embossing folder and run through your Big Shot/Cuttlebug etc…
Peel it straight off and go and rinse/clean your embossing folder.
3. So here is the finished background. I just love the finished effect it has the texture and colour. I actually did this 3 times to cover the 3 showing sides of the Printer Tray and, trust me, you get quicker and it gets easier everytime.
Then I trimmed the kraft card down to fit the cover on the Printer Tray. Keep the scraps as you can cut a thin bit to cover the spine of the printer tray.
4. As you can see I’ve attached ribbon on the outside (both sides) before sticking the bark cover over the top. You don’t have to go as crazy as me with the adhesives but I always overdo it as I know it’s going to be handled a lot and there would be nothing worse than the ribbon randomly falling off.
5. So once you have done the outside, time for the inside bit. This is included in the Printer tray. For this project I cut off the apertures.(see picture above) This is easy with a sharp scalpel (please still be careful) You have 3 apertures (you need to cut all 3) The painted pieces need to be stuck together and then stuck to the base.
6.For the inside I painted Frayed Burlapon the inside spine and the edges that hold the open aperture even though the aperture will cover most of it it is slightly smaller than the outside edge.
7. The aperture that has been cut to hold the tag I painted with Brown Acrylic Paint and inside I placed a dark brown paper to the base. I then stamped and coloured using stamps from the Berries & Birds Stamp set. Now just put in your Wooden Heart Tag.